When filing your tax return form 1040-NR and/or 8843, please gather the following documents which apply to you.
Note that income & deduction documents are not needed if you are filing form 8843 only.
2. Social security number (or TIN)
3. Bank account & routing number (optional)
4. Travel history (I94) or know the number of days you were present in the U.S. within the last 3 years
1. W-2, Wages & Tax Statement
If you received compensation within the tax year, please have this form ready when you file your tax return. This form can be found on your employee dashboard or you can request it from your employer.
2. 1042-S, Foreign person’s U.s. source income subject to withholding
If you received a paycheck in the form of a scholarship or received a paycheck from an RA program, please have this form ready when you file your tax return. This form can be found on your employee dashboard or you can request it from your employer.
TAX DEDUCTION DOCUMENTS (RECOMMENDED)
- Charitable Donation Receipts
- Property Tax Receipt
- Sales Tax On Major Purchase Receipt
- Student Loan Interest Receipt
Note: Tax Treaty benefits will be applied if your country has one with the United States.
1. Name, address, & phone of your school
2. Name, address, & phone of your designated school official (DSO)
Need Tax Help?
Contact us here to get help filing your tax return or answering your tax questions.